More Artist Trading Coin madness!

Hello, everyone!  I am back with a couple of more artist trading coins for you.  If you're new to "coins", these are 2.5" circles that you art up and trade, just like the artist trading cards.  These two were quick to create and uses mostly Tim Holtz products.



To start off with, I mushed various Distress Ink colors into my craft mat and spritzed it with water. For the tree/sunset, I laid the ink down in rows: first a yellow, then pink one, and last a red one. (Forgive me - I made these weeks ago, and I don't remember the exact colors I used.)  I spritz with water and moved the mixed media paper through it with one smooth, slow swipe.  For the blue on the right, I laid down colors in various blues and blue-greens.

I dried everything with my heat tool, and then pulled out some background stamps by Seth Apter and Bo Bunny and stamped randomly with archival inks.


From here, I pulled out stamps that I felt would make a nice silhouette.  The red/orange/yellow one said "sunset" to me, I used a tree stamp from a Momenta stamp collection.  I also added the birds from a Bohemian stamp set, however I forgot who made them. So sorry!  For the blue coin, I used a Tim Holtz wildflower stamp.  I used black archival inks for these stamps.



To finish these off, I added washi tape - I LOVE washi tape, but if used well, they add an interesting visual element to the projects.  For the Sunset Tree, I used some tape I've had for years.  I don't remember who makes it, but the roll has dictionary text, and I LOVE dictionary text as much as I love washi tape!  Combine the two, and my day is made!  For the Wildflower, I layered black washi tape in a vertical stripe that I felt compliments the wildflower.  The word "memories" is from a....can you guess...Tim Holtz washi tape set.  Beautiful, aren't they?


And that's it for this time.  I hope you like what you see!  Have a great week, and see you next time!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ICAD Warm-Up, Using a Viva Las Vegas Stamp

Mixed Media Inchies

Valentine's Steampunk Artis Trading Coin