Index Card A Day (ICAD) - Day 13

Hello, everyone!  Sorry for the disappearance.  I went on a sort of working vacation, but I'm back with another ICAD!


I was still tired from my trip, so this card was a quick on.  I did my usual background of gessoing over some bookpage scraps I had glued to the index cards, and it was dry, I dabbed some green fluid acrylics in Green-Gold (Golden) and Veridian (DecoArt) onto the bottom of the card and spritzed it with water.  I used the stick end of a paint brush to help spread the paint around, and dried it with my heat tool.   I added some washi tape at the bottom and randomly on the card, and then moved on to the critters.

The cat and bear were fussy cut from a paper doll string that came with my Flow Magazine for Paper Lovers, and were created by Tokyo artist Aiko Fukawa.  Aren't they cute?  This was actually a long chain, as you can see below, so you'll be seeing the rest of the parade at some point.



The animal parade had a border around it, so I trimmed the cat and bear from the pack and fussy cut the edges off.  I then edged them with a black distress marker before gluing them to the index card.

I really couldn't figure out what I wanted to do for a quote - it seems unfinished without something - so I pulled out my washi tapes and used a piece that says "Life Is Good."  I finished by using my stabile marks-all to add shading around the musicians.  Voila, I'm done!   It was a quick ICAD, but I still like it!



Thank you for stopping by! Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ICAD Warm-Up, Using a Viva Las Vegas Stamp

Mixed Media Inchies

Valentine's Steampunk Artis Trading Coin