Index Card A Day (ICAD) - Day 10

Hello, everybody!  I am back to show my 10th index card, a flamingo. Ain't he cute?



I am SO happy with how he turned out!  I started off the way I almost always do - gesso over a book page. I scraped the gesso on with a palette knife, but I tried not to be too even with it and made sure the book text showed through here or there.  When the gesso dried, I sketched the head and neck of the flamingo.



I don't have any pink acrylic, so I mixed DecoArt fluid acrylic in Titanium White with just a touch of Dina Wakley heavy body acrylic in Fuchsia to create a rich pink.



For the background, I spritzed the paper with water and scraped Phthalo Green-Yellow acrylic along the edges and let the color bleed and run.  I dried the color with my heat tool, and then re-spritzed with water to add some touches of the Fushcia.

I finished by outlining him with the stabilo marks-all, but instead of spritzing it with water and letting it spread, I just blended it a bit with a wet paint brush.  As a final touch, I outlined the bill and part of the head with my Faber-Castelle pen with the extra-small point.  I am not sure yet if I will leave it as is or if I will add a quote, but for now, I am calling him done!



Until next time...   Thank you for stopping by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ICAD Warm-Up, Using a Viva Las Vegas Stamp

Mixed Media Inchies

Valentine's Steampunk Artis Trading Coin