Index Card A Day (ICAD) - Day 7

Happy weekend, everyone!   I hope you all have a nice, fun, creative weekend!  I have been catching up on some creative projects, one of which is my ICAD for day 7.  I did not follow the prompts, and instead I did my own thing - back to the messy abstract-ish style I've been leaning towards.



I started off the way most of my project start - I glued down a bookpage with Mod Podge and scrapped gesso over it with a pallet knife.  I didn't really have a direction at this point, but I was in a mood to use earthy colors, so I grabbed a grey and a red iron oxide color and loosely scraped them over the wet gesso with my pallet knife.  When I was satisfied with it, I went to dry it with a heat tool.  I ended up leaving it alone for a day.

When I came back to it, I could see a landscape in the mix...maybe a hill looking off to the distance, or a sandy dune by the sea. So I added a wash of green for the land and a wash of blue for the sky using my Derwent Inktense blocks.  I also outlined the edge of the land with my Stabilo marks-all pencil.  I really need to get these in different colors!


I spritzed the Stabilo marks with a little mister by Ranger (Tim Holtz.)  I've learned that my bigger spritzer produces too much water, and it washes away the Stabilo pencil instead of spreading the color.  The mister is much more gentle, and I get a better effect:


I love that dark line! For some reason, I think it makes it look more like a landscape!

At this point, I felt this needed a quote, so I pulled out a book of poems by Elizabeth and Robert Browning.  I got it for cheap at a Goodwill specifically for purposes like this - I love looking through books and pulling out words and phrases to use later.   I ended up using bits from a poem called "A Seaside Walk".  The lines read:
"We walked beside the sea
After a day which perished silently...
The sky above us showed
As universal and unmoving cloud"

I glued the lines down with a glue stick and outlined it with the Stabilo, then finished it by adding some cross-stiching along the bottom of the card.


And that's it for today!  I hoped you enjoyed looking through the how-I-did-it!  I hope you have a great weekend!  Until next time...









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ICAD Warm-Up, Using a Viva Las Vegas Stamp

Mixed Media Inchies

Valentine's Steampunk Artis Trading Coin