Watercolor Lunar Moon and Planet

Hello, everyone!  I've been working hard on some trades, but I won't show what I've made just yet.  I want to until the recipients have received them before I show them to everyone else.  In the meantime, I've also been working on some watercolor artist trading cards I've made:


For the Lunar Moon (as always, I make two in case I make a mistake), I started off using the Donna Downey Bubbles stencil to draw a large circle.


I wet the area inside the circles, and then layers watercolors in shades of red, orange and yellow.  For the 'craters', I dabbed shades of blue and a light purple while the paint was still wet. 

When it was dry, I painted in the night sky and used a clear stamp to create the tree branches across the moon.  I finished by using white gel pen to create the stars. 

The process for the planet was the same, except that it's all done in watercolors with the white ink splattered around to create the stars. 

Thank you for stopping by - I hope you like what you see, and would love to see what you create!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ICAD Warm-Up, Using a Viva Las Vegas Stamp

Mixed Media Inchies

Valentine's Steampunk Artis Trading Coin