Inchies and Twinchies and Coins, Oh My!

Hello, everyone!  Sorry - I couldn't resist the urge to throw in a Wizard of Oz reference.  :-)

Today, I have an artist trading coin, four inchies and four twinchies to show you.  For those who don't know what these are, the "coin" is a 2.5" circle (you may also hear the term "artist trading circle", the inchies are 1" square, and twinchies are 2" square.  I do want to apologize in advance - I don't have has many in-between photos today.  I use my phone to take pictures of my projects in progress, but for some reason, the phone doesn't always save the pictures.  They just disappear.  I don't know what's going on with that, but it's getting pretty frustrating.  Anyhow...moving on...


I will start with the coin - I used my 2.5" circle punch to create the circle from Canson mixed media paper. I pulled out my Distress Inks in Iced Spruce and Peacock Feathers and mushed them onto my craft mat.  I spritzed them lightly with water and tapped/dragged the paper through the ink.  I dried it with the heat tool, and then did another tap/swipe.  I didn't want a super-speckled background for this, so I only did the tap/swipe twice.  I dried it again with my heat tool, and then  I did some random stamping with text and music notes from a Bo Bunny stamp set called "It Is Written" and stamped randomly on the paper.

For the focal image, I pulled out my Tim Holtz "Mini Bouquet" stamp set by Stampers Anonymous.  You will see later that I also used some of the stamps from this set with the inchies and twinchies. For the coin, however, I chose two wild flower silhouettes.


I finished by adding two strips of washi tape down the right side and a word from a Tim Holtz washi tape roll.  Super simple and quick to make, but I think it turned out beautifully!



Next are the inchies and twinchies.  These were made for a swap where the theme was flowers.  For the twinchies, I made two using mixed media layers, and two were mostly watercolor.  The inchies were mostly watercolor.  For those, I used several different flowers stamps by Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous, Penny Black (the daffodil) and Friskars' Flora stamp set.

For the mixed media twinchies, I created a background using Golden fluid acrylic (green-gold) and Dylusions acrylic paint (Calypso Teal).  I spritzed the paper with a lot of water and used a brush to gently blend the colors.  When they were dry, I glued some scrap tissue paper by Tim Holtz over them and let them dry.  I stamped two different flowers onto mixed media paper, painted them with Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays, and fussy cut them when they were dry.  I added some washi tape at the bottom, outlined it with a black inktense pencil and glued the flower onto the twinchie.  I also added shading around the flowers and added some drops of glossy accents.  That was supposed to look like dew or raindrops, but in the end, you don't even notice them.


The inchies and the other two twinchies were made similarly.  I stamped the flowers with archival ink, and when it was dry, I used inktense penciles and/or watercolors to color them.  You can see in the photo above, that I used very light layers of the inktense pencil.  I didn't want the color to be overpowering.  The backgrounds were all done in watercolors. I wish my camera picked up the colors better, but the bottom two twinchies (the "Take your time...breathe" and "Find your balance...listen") are my favorite.  The colors of the flowers compliment the indigo watercolor layers in the background.

For the twinchies, I added metallic filigree stickers in the upper right corner to balance out the image, and then stamped a sentiment or word onto all the cards. Most of the sentiments were from the Finnibair stamp sets - I LOVE these, as the sentiments are very small.  Perfect for inchies and twinchies, as you can see!




That's it for this time.  Thank you for stopping by!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ICAD Warm-Up, Using a Viva Las Vegas Stamp

Mixed Media Inchies

Valentine's Steampunk Artis Trading Coin