Index Card A Day (ICAD) - Day 9

Hello again!  I'm back with a quick ICAD that I made last night.  It was so quick, that I only have two pictures.  



During a recent trip to Tuesday Morning, I found that they had a TON of Tim Holtz products on sale.  Now, if you have never been to a Tuesday Morning, I highly encourage you to go!  They have all kinds of things at discount prices, not just crafty goodies; household items, toys, kitchenware...a ton of awesome and unique items.  I ended up with a bunch of the Tim Holtz mini blueprint stamps, chitchat stickers, ribbons...it was an awesome haul.  

Anyhow, I really wanted to use them, so I decided to make a coffee card. Which is funny, because I don't even like coffee!

I started by gluing down scrapbook paper with a fancy script on it (you end up not seeing it), and I added a thin layer of gesso over it.  This being a coffee card, I figured I needed coffee colors, so I pulled out my Tuskineko Walnut Ink sprays in Java (the dark color) and Terra Cotta (the lighter color.)  Now these sprays are super saturated, and when you first spray them, it comes out speckled.  You can see this in the photo below.  (Also, I'm sorry for the wonky picture. I didn't realize it was this off-center and crooked.) 

To lighten and smooth out the colors, I spritzed the card with a lot of water.  I don't mind speckles, but this initially was TOO much.  I also don't have any coffee-ring stamps, but I do have sketchy circle stamps by Spellbinders, so I used this with sepia Archival Ink to make the coffee rings. 




Now for the fun part!  I stamped the coffee mug, coffee cup and the bag of coffee beans onto Canson mixed media paper.  I used Distress Inks and a paint brush to color everything, and then fussy cut them out....even the little, tiny coffee beans! 

To add a bit more visual interest, I also pulled out scrap papers to act as a sort of table.  I just grabbed whatever, which ended up being a book page, a strip from a security envelope and a gridded scrapbook paper (like from a ledger.)  I added some shading with my trusty Stabilo marks-all.  I finished by gluing down the coffee items, added some shading with the Stabilo, and stamped "BEAN ME!" with some Tim Holtz alphabet stamps.  

And that's it!  I hope you like it - I sure do.  Thank you for stopping by!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ICAD Warm-Up, Using a Viva Las Vegas Stamp

Mixed Media Inchies

Valentine's Steampunk Artis Trading Coin