Index Card A Day (ICAD) - Day 11

Hello everyone!  I am back with my eleventh ICAD.  For this index card, I was inspired by the Simon Say's Stamp Monday Challenge.  This week's theme is "Transport It."  You can find their Monday Challenge Blog here.



I started off this card by using a pink paper from the massive Flow Magazine For Paper Lovers.  If you haven't heard of it, the Paper Lovers book has over 300 pages of papers, tissue paper, wrapping paper, stickers, tags....if it's paper, they probably have it.

Anyhow, I glued down the paper and scrapped a thin layer of gesso over it.  I allowed some of the pattern to show through, though by the time I was through with the card, you can only see a little bit in the upper left corner.


Next, I watered down some DecoArt acrylic paint onto an acrylic block and splotched it onto the card here and there.  Normally, I would do this on my craft mat, however I am a huge clutz, and my craft table is a mess right now, so I didn't have much room to do this.


From here, I pulled out my scrap papers (a torn strip from a book page and a strip of a security envelope) and several teal-colored washi tape rolls.  I ended up just using a watercolor-looking washi tape that I bought in a 3-for-a-dollar bin at my local Michaels.  I glued those down, then I glued down a stamped image of a hot air balloon that I had set aside from a previous project.

It needed more, so I pulled out a Tim Holtz stencil that had the word "Travel" on it, and here is where I goofed a little.  I used black fluid acrylic and a make-up sponge to pounce over the word, however the acrylic was a little too fluid, because it bled under the stencil a little bit.  Oops!



I tried to fix it by outlining the word with my white gel pen, but I'm not sure it really helped.  Oh well.  Moving on!

To finish, I mixed the black acrylic with water and added black splatters.  I also edged the index card, paper scraps and the hot air balloon with my stabilo marks-all to add some dimension to everything.



And that's it! This was a quick card for me.  I hope you like it, and thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, keep arting!

Comments

  1. so beautiful! lobve bright colors you used and background is fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! These challenges are fun, and I hope to join more of them in the future.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ICAD Warm-Up, Using a Viva Las Vegas Stamp

Mixed Media Inchies

Valentine's Steampunk Artis Trading Coin